From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Dillon, Meade M CIV
SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,53310
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 8:32 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mama's Benz got Max's bug

Attached is an excerpt from the Chevron 2007 Diesel Fuel Technical
Review which speaks to microbial growth (fungi and bacteria) in diesel
fuel.  Marshall Booth was fond of quoting from this, and the latest
version may be available on Chevron's website somewhere.  I had a tough
time finding this in 2007, haven't tried to look for a newer version
since.  Entire document is over 2 MB, let me know if you'd like a copy
and I'll send off list.

Also attached is MB's Sheet 119, which explains MB's recommendations on
use of fuel additives.  This lines up exactly with what Marshall always
said about additives (which I remember as "Don't use them unless
treating a specific problem like water or microbial growth or gum
deposits, then stop using as soon as problem is resolved").

Max