> ...I think sunroofs are the greatest thing since sliced bread---almost
> all the advantages of a convertible, without any of the drawbacks.Then again,
> I've never had one leak or get stuck (knock on wood)... I
> bet I would feel differently if I had!..

Well, so what if there is eventually a malfunction of some sort? Most of
them give some advance warning with an opportunity to head off the trouble or
whatever. Steel sunroofs were standard for so many years, no, decades that
the technology is mature. All of my past MBs have been so equipped although I
can't recall if the 250 had one. MB started charging for them when they
switched over to glass tilt or slide panels but now the cost is buried in the
base price. Their extra cost roof now is the Panorama roof with glass panels
front and back. The front one rises and sits atop the roof which I didn't
bite on for several reasons. Not just the $1K option price but the possible
wind noise and alll the dirt collecting corners when it's open. Plus the extra
weight up high where it's not wanted. I run it tilted open almost always in
good weather.

RLE