M102 also had single row chain. It was not in USA models. 123 230E etc. It is a little screamer. I have a single row chain and 102 tensioner for sale cheap, if anyone needs them

OK-maybe that's what he meant-now I recall that the 380 was the turning
point-ca 82 or 83 from single to dual.

I believe that ONLY the 380 motor, from '81 through '83,
had the cheap-ass single-row timing chain.  Probably to
try to get better mileage due to less parasitic drag.

-- Jim