From: "Donald Snook" <dsn...@mtsqh.com>
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 8:53 AM
To: <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] diesel fuel supplement

Kaleb wrote: "Do any of you guys use that Powerservice diesel supplement, either the
stuff in the white bottle for winter, or the Diesel Kleen in the grey
bottle?  Does it really  help increase MPG and better running?  Or is it
a waste of money?"

I used to use it in my old 123 diesel and I think it helped with cold starting. I never tried it in the 124 diesel. That car always started and ran great. I always felt like the best results from any supplement that I added to the fuel occurred when I put some transmission fluid in the fuel and especially when I changed the main filter and filled it with transmission fluid. Maybe it was just a placebo.

I even put just a little (about a pint) of ATF in my BMW last week. I changed the plugs and I thought I would try a little ATF to help clean the injectors. I wasn't having any problems, just thought the detergent effect would be beneficial to the car. I could not tell any difference.

Donald H. Snook