That sounds like a pretty good plan, and congrats on the new 5!!

Based on what friends who have and had BMWs, your 5 should remain pretty
sounds for a lot of miles to come.  Like cars of this vintage, whether BMW
or Mercedes, the odd bill will come up, as with your rad in your 7.  Still,
for $7000, sounds like you got yourself a lot of car for the money

Enjoy it til you sell it, and if you end up not selling it, a 5 series BMW
isn't the hardest thing to live with, is it. ;-)

Ed
300E