Hi Curt,

Welcome back, glad to see you back in circulation, no pun intended.  The lesson
here is.... if you feel a pain or something unusual... get it checked out.

I just went thru a similar thing at the end of December... had a nagging pain
in my leg, like a charley horse.  It hung around for weeks, coming and going,
and moving to different parts of my leg.  I mostly ignored it, thinking it was
just normal aches and pains from stuff I was doing.  I justified it by thinking
I overdid the snow shovelling last month, etc etc.  Finally my wife and I
decided to look up the symptoms on the internet, and discovered something
called DVT:  Deep Vein Thrombosis.... a blood clot.  So I called my doctor, to
get an appointment, and he told me to get to the Emergency Room NOW.  Dont wait
another minute.  Sheesh. So I did, and sure enough they found a clot behind my
knee.  I am on blood thinners for a while, and hopefully it will diminish.  The
ER Doc made a comment that I was "lucky that I felt the pain and responded.  Do
you know when we usually find the blood clots?  At the autopsy."  :)

I had no idea that this pain could have been caused by a clot, nor any idea how
one gets clots.  But I got one.  The danger is that if the clot gets above the
knee, it can journey to the heart and the lungs, and things can get real
serious real fast.  I was lucky, but it was a close call.  So for anyone else
out there with a peculiar pain, particularly in the leg, get it checked.  You
never know.

I look forward to seeing back at the ChowdahQ!

Tom Schuch

SE Connecticut

Message: 11