On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 11:57 AM, John Reames <jwrea...@comcast.net> wrote:
>  the time a rep for a
> major nailer manufacturer said that Harbor Freight does not supply parts for
> their nailers, when he had stated not 5 minutes prior that parts for the
> major brand nailer (that was maybe 3 years old) were no longer available, so
> the fix was to buy a new nailer... (gee... Isn't that what you get whenyou
> go to HF and buy one at one third of the major brand's price??)

That's one of the surprising bennies of HF power tools in my opinion.
They may be cheaply made and (in most but not all cases) not work as
well as a name brand, but the instruction manual for every HF tool I
have includes an exploded diagram with part numbers and a phone number
to order them.  Taking a broken tool that's still under warranty back
to the store and getting an exchange is never a problem with HF, but
it's also nice to know that you can buy spare parts and keep the tools
going yourself.  I am pretty sure that my Milwaukee circular saw which
cost 3x the Harbor Freight equivalent did not come with a spare parts
diagram---they want you to take it to an authorized service center
(the nearest of which is a 2 hour drive from me) if even the smallest,
most insequential part breaks.

Alex