For what it is worth, the Chinese stuff, in general, seems to get better with
time.

My nephew works for a Canadian chain of stores that sells a lot of Chinese made
tools - sort of like HF or Grizzley
etc but not quite as wide an inventory.

He says that they normally expect a lot of problems with the first batch of
things that they bring in from China.
But, they work with the factory and tell them what caused trouble etc and the
Chinese do try to improve things. So,
he says when I first see it show up in the store, I may want to avoid it, but a
year or more later most of the bugs
have been worked out and it is fairly safe to buy and assume one will get
reasonable value.

Much of it still is not up to the standards we would like to have but it is
becoming more and more difficult to
find the stuff we were accustomed to buying because the imports are taking over
the business. Such is life - not
much we can do about it as most folks will go the cheap route if given the
chance and any hope of success.

Randy