On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:42:09 -0700 Craig McCluskey
<diese...@pisquared.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 02:53:35 -0600 Fmiser <fmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Put in a Windows install CD.
> >
> > Tsk, tsk.
>
> What can I say? I have a free copy of Windows and want to run some
> Windows software.

Well, I got it running last night and put the Windows install CD in the
drive and started the Windows install. When I went to bed, it had
reached, "Installing devices."

I got up this morning and it was still "Installing devices." I guess
windows won't install on this motherboard and it knows what's best for
it. :-)

Installed Fedora Core 7 Linux and it works just fine.

> > Wow.  I've never seen a power supply kill harddrives.  Quite
> > conceivable, voltage goes up and "poof!"

And attached is a picture of the disk that didn't prohibit the power
supply from starting, but wouldn't let the XP install CD boot. You can see
where the smoke was let out. (For those not in the know, these things run
on smoke; let the smoke out and they stop working.)

Craig