On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 5:25 AM, LarryT <l02tur...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Max - You wrote <<trying to cure a
> rough idle, finally it dawned on me to unplug the electronic idle
> control which did the trick>>
>
> What does the idle control look like?  Does my OM 602 have one?

On a 603 it's a small black box under the crossover pipe, behind the
ALDA (i.e. towards the firewall), with a plug on the top.  Not sure
what would happen if you unplugged it on your 2.5 Turbo, considering
that particular engine's "knowledge" of such things as when EGR is
active---anyone else who is familiar with the 2.5T know whether it
would make any difference to the brain?

Alex