Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:03:33 -0500
From: "Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,    53310"
    <meade.m.dil...@navy.mil>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hendrik and Co coming to the US of A in June

Service on all U.S. airlines has declined significantly in my opinion,
by which I mean that they'll charge you for food, for bags, for changing
your itinerary, and when they wrong you they are generally unwilling to
'make amends'.  If you suffer a 'weather delay' which really
inconveniences you, for instance you've checked your bags and cannot
retrieve them but must wait overnight for the flight, expect to have to
be very firm (always polite of course) about asking directly for a tooth
brush etc. and don't hesitate to elevate up the chain of command.  Sadly
the "Traveler's Aid" desks are becoming more and more important in
America - years ago the airlines would provide overnight lodging in such
a situation.

-Max