I have not had a gasser Mercedes for while now.  But, I noticed something on
this 95 E320 which is interesting.  I am used to starting the car and the oil
gauge pegs out at 3 for a while and when it warms up or sits at idle, the
needle drops a little.  In fact, once its very warm, the need will drop quite a
bit at idle.  But, I have noticed that on my new to me car, the oil pressure
goes up to 3 and stays there.  I was waiting in a drive thru last night with
the car warm and idling.  I waited almost 10 minutes and in all that time, the
needle never dropped.  I suppose it is a good thing to have very good oil
pressure, but, it never drops on this car.

I don't know what to think.

Donald H. Snook