rumor has it that Steve wrote:

> > 2.  Was the four banger designed to allow and run
> > properly witht his type of adder.

**snip**

> Also, unless the pump was removed and recalibrated "up" to compensate for
> the additional fuel demand from the turbocharging, the engine will be
> under-fueled and will run a danger of damage due to running lean/hot. If
> this is indeed the original owner, he should be able to produce evidence of
> this on a work order.

Oops. *smile*

You must be thinking of a gasoline engine.

A diesel is almost always running lean.

The reason for recalibrating the pump "up" is to squirt enough extra
fuel into the cylinder to make full use of the extra air that's being
pumped in.

Never-the-less, until OM617 turbos are rare, I wouldn't mess with a
240 with a turbo.

               Philip, trying to keep the list honest - or at
                        least technically as accurate as I
                        can with the bit of knowledge that I
                        have.