you might want to post this to the SL list as well.

Dave Wakin wrote:

I have wanted to pick up a 560SL for my wife for some time now, and one is avaialable locally that seems like a good deal. I am very familar with the 420 sedan, but don't know what to look for on an SL. I know some of you have these, or know what to look for, and I was hoping to get some advice on what to look for.

This partciular one is and 86 and from Arizona, and since I am in NY that is a good thing for me due to rust issues. The clear coat is a little chauked from the sun on the hood, front seats were replaced, rear jump seat (nice option) is original and looks dried out (probably why front are new). Car has about 140K, don't know if timing chain was done. I haven't seen it yet other then some pictures the seller emailed me, hope to look at it later this week.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Wakin