Hi Gang,
I replaced my front discs a while back with a set of discs and calipers I bought from a fellow lister (got a great deal on a complete set of calipers and discs, and pads from a 95 300D) - the old ones I removed are approx. .750" and the limit according to the book is .787" (20mm) - but I have not frane of reference of how much is normally removed when discs are turned. I know it depends on the depth of any scoring but that's it.

If minimal metal needs to come off, would the .037" be enough to clean up a typical disc? Plus, I wouldn't want the discs to be turned to .750" and have 0 metal left as wear material.

I'm probably not framing this question very well - basically, I am wondering if it's worthwhile to have a shop mess with trying to clean these up? Does any of this makes sense?

   BTW, the ones I bought have performed flawlessly!  ;-)

Any ideas?
Thx
Larry
91 300D
W124-028

OilAnalysis Time?
Looking for Weber Parts or Porsche Posters?
www.youroil.net