> Ed Booher wrote:

> Drove home from work this morning, turned the key to the off
> position .... and nothing. Engine kept right on keepin' on.
> Had to open hood and depress the stop lever. Vacuum issue?

More likely to happen on a OM617, but I often seem to disturb
the vacuum lines when I change the oil filter.

So the first thing I would do is notice if the doors lock/unlock
normally. If not, then it's pump, check valve, or lines into the
cabin.

If the locks behave normally, I'd first check the hose
going to the injection pump.

If it's connected - hook it to a manual vacuum source
(MightyVac, lungs, etc) and see if applying vacuum to the IP
will shut the engine off.

If it does, then the problem is somewhere in the valving and
piping.

If not - it's the IP thingy.

--    Philip