On the 300SD when I put a wrench on the fuel line fitting nut it turned the tank strainer out, lot easier than dealing with the big strainer nut (which I went and bought a $25 socket for...). But if it is buggered in there, you will have to work at it. I don't know if the gasser is similar or not.

--R