Donald Snook wrote:
Allan S. wrote: "The Impala SS of the mid 1990's was supposed to be quite a car.  I
have never driven one."

They are awesome cars.  They made them for a limited number of years, they had
the Corvette Engine in them and they really were cool cars.  I have driven one
and I would love to have one!  With all the chrome trim removed and the all
black car, they were very aggressive looking.

Looks like the same 260hp version of the LT1 that was in the Caprice/Roadmaster wagon and optional in the sedans.
http://www.edmunds.com/used/1995/chevrolet/impala/13229/specs.html