Were these the same that had the "Impala" name stamped in the sheet metal of
the rear fenders?

I have a friend in Chicago who has one of these, and I never noticed this until
I saw his up close one day.  With the black finish, it's hard to see.

On the Buick subject, both of my inlaws and my brother in law have Buicks.
While they don't get my juices flowing, they are very nice cars and have been
extremely reliable for them.  My brother in law uses his for work, which is
covering 4 states in a sales position, so he puts a lot of miles on his.  He's
never had it in the shop that I know of.

Dan