So I finally had somebody seriously interested in my 190D engine. I spoke to
him on the phone and he sent a deposit and everything...

Then the weird starts. He's coming to get it with his friend's truck and
doesn't want to scratch the bed up so he wants me to drive 45 minutes from my
house to a place with a forklift. Ooookaaaay, well I'm not doin' that for
free... He works out a price to placate me which is fine I guess. So I call the
place today for directions (so I can get there tomorrow) and fortunately leave
my number for the guy who will be helping us who calls me back because he
doesn't know whats going on. They're not open on Saturday, the dude buying the
engine was supposed to get back to him on how we were going to work this and
suddenly it occurs to me that what has happened is the dude has tried to push
them into being open on a Saturday which they don't do and just assumed they'd
do it...

So I'm pissed, I call him and he doesn't answer so I leave voicemail and I
email him. He emails me "You will need to take the engine there Monday and
leave it for me" like I've got nothing better to do Monday than drive 45
minutes in the opposite direction from where I work...

Thats when it occurs to me, whats to stop him from writing me a bad check or
something for payment? He hasn't explained how he's going to pay for it at this
point...

Anyway his deposit goes in the mail back to him tomorrow, washing my hands of
this weirdo.

If he shows up with cash I'll still sell him an engine but otherwise no.

-Curt