On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC,
53310 <meade.m.dil...@navy.mil> wrote:

> When I was young, many of our family cars were sold to local junk yard,
> and I'd stop by to pay respects when looking for parts.  We sold one car
> to the mail man who used it for rural delivery ('72 T-bird with 429
> Cleveland) and added another 50k or 75k miles to it.

A mail delivery vehicle with a 429?  I guess gas was a little cheaper
then... ;)

Did he modify it for right-hand drive?  Out in the boonies where I live, I
have noticed that some of the rural carriers have factory RHD vehicles
(mostly Jeeps, but also some Subarus), but most have what seem to be
ingenious homemade conversions using bicycle sprockets and a chain to turn
the steering wheel.

Alex