Problem is you put so many miles on whatever you drive that you flat
wear it out in just a few years.

-Max

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Mitch Haley
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 3:26 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] the 300E has been sold

Alex Chamberlain wrote
> Did he modify it for right-hand drive?  Out in the boonies where I
> live, I have noticed that some of the rural carriers have factory RHD
> vehicles (mostly Jeeps, but also some Subarus), but most have what
> seem to be ingenious homemade conversions using bicycle sprockets and
> a chain to turn the steering wheel.

Around here they drive Explorers, Cherokees, and Trailblazers (except my
current carrier has a new non-Hybrid Chevy extended cab pickup) and they
sit on the right, driving with left foot and left hand. If I were making
my own vehicle for that sort of duty, I'd do a series hybrid with a 15hp
Kubota/Cub Cadet diesel and hub motors in all four wheels. One of those
domestic market RHD Japanese mini trucks would be a good chassis for it.