Ya, You becha!

I am ignoring the east and west coastal dens of high taxes. They like to pretend we don't exist, so I pretend they don't exist.

Since we are being converted, I like to invoke the old soviet workers axiom: "They pretend to pay us, so we pretend to work." The above is a corollary to the original, kinda like all the corollaries to Murphy's law.

I don't generally drive in or to the east or west coast, so your tax rates don't affect me.

you must be ignoring a large part of the country; i'd love it if fuel prices here were only what they are in North WI! ;-)
http://gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

cheers!