On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Hendrik & Fay <heni...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> Yeah, mao's 240D went better the further it climbed over 70, MB's are
> designed to be driven fast, even the Diesels like a good fang now and then.

Just what I was thinking... I wouldn't have thought there was a
slushbox 240D anywhere that needed an Italian tuneup (since they
pretty much get one at every green light)---but if there is, it's this
guy's.  The one time I drove a W123 240D, I remember it purring right
along at 75 or 80 on a flat freeway just fine... it just took a while
to get there!

Alex