Yes, that's right.  I used to cruise my 79 240D slush at 80-85 on I 95 all
the time-I always said it was a good mid lane car-the OM 602 turbo is fast
lane car.
Now entrance ramps on an incline are another matter-the stick 240D handles
those quiet well. All 240D's require a bit of skill and a basic
understanding of gravity-esp. while cruising.
Dwight

Dwight E. Giles, Jr.
1979 240D auto (Gone)
1978 240D 4 speed. 218K + miles.