The other is an 88 long-bed gasser ram50, which at $300 is an absolute
steal.

What I thought was just lifter tick turned out to be a suprise timing chain
guide in the oil pan... No damage except some abrasion from the chain
slapping the timing cover. Turns out the last person in there neglected to
put the anti-slap oring on the hydro tensioner, and it slapped the drivers
side guide clean off...

Ended up doing the lifters, chain, guides, oil pump, oil change, antifreeze,
and gaskets/front seal.
Was a fun learning experience for sure though. Seems I end up buying parts
in 40 buck increments... ~40 for lifters, ~40 for timing chain and
tensioner, ~40 for pump and filters, ~40 for gaskets, ~40 for oil,
antifreeze, and rtv... it's just plain weird.

Walt, who needs to part out a plymouth horizon by september to make room for
another ram50...