Excellent find, Rory! I wonder what happened to those engines, and the
company. I'd not heard of them before. That engine would have been
perfect in my Dad's Cessna 195! And Diesel to boot! The Jacobs R745
(?) produced 300HP, but drank 16 gallons/hour, at a cruising speed of
165MPH. Just slightly better than 10 mpg.