On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Allan Streib <str...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

> Have you ever had an older (more than 15 years or so) MB diesel that did
> NOT "mark its territory" at all?

My '77 does not drip.  However, I was at work a while back and noticed
that there were small puddles of oil on many of my usual parking
spots.  The next day I chalked the car, and found a small puddle was
under the battery, but saw no evidence of leaking.  Puzzled over that
one for a couple days; tried to see if there was a cross-member, etc.

Turns out my coworker's relatively new ('02?) Saab was weeping badly.
I hadn't even considered that any of the this-millenium models might
be the cause... :)

-Tim