Just found engine temp sensor; not as hard to access as I was afraid it would be! 'Sticking right up on top of thermostat housing right by fuel filter at left front corner of engine. I'll run it after a while and see what the fans do with coolant temp sensor disconnected.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] '91 350SDL air cond

R12; still has R12.

BTW, 'beginning to suspect engine coolant temp sensor for the aux fan prob; coolant temp gage has been erratic for 4 or 5 days, at least; SWMBO told me about it; don't really know how long it had been erratic before she told me. All other gages read normally. Reconfirms why I need to drive that car coupla times a week.

Gonna try to reach the sensor this morning for test.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dieselhead" <126die...@gmail.com>