No climb (already at high altitude); turn for 55 seconds after release while bomb continues forward; roll out tail to burst; hold it straight and level until shock wave passes.

I think at least one of them was a "cannon-type" weapon - a gun or cannon-type apparatus "fired" one component into close proximity with the other to create critical mass (detonation); spherical shape of high explosive detonated around it also concentrated critical mass by implosion. (Oversimplified and generally)

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mountain Man" <maontin....@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2010 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: glow in the dark doors

Allan wrote:
Hiroshima got "Little Boy" and Nagasaki got "Fat Man"

I wonder if the pilots had any idea what they were carrying? Other than
"a really big bomb"

Thanks for the names - you got the idea...

I thought at one time I heard an account that spoke about the
percussion wave that they expected to emanate from the blast, meaning
the airplane needed to scoot real quick in the opposite direction,
sharp bank, climb high, etc.  I also wonder if there was a donut hole
that someone had to drop the donut hole in, then drop it out the bomb
bay.  Some crude tech by today's experience - but hey - it got the job
done.  Not much of that type of weird death defying stuff happening
today in the realm of what we want to call science.  There is no
science anymore - it is all indoctrination.
mao