Dieselhead wrote:
I will tell you that the filter on my 00 with 3.3 engine is square, and the one FLAPS sold me was not. They gave me the wrong filter. It is held on at the RR corner of the filter with a tube that fits with an oring into the valve body. So, grab the LF corner with one hand and pry the filter RR corner away form the valve body with the other, and you can avoid the bath. The filter has 4 little bumps that interfere with the oil pan, so the oil pan holds the filter snug in place.

Usually you can tell if you have the correct kit by the shape of the pan gasket and the number of bolt holes in the pan gasket (before you take the pan off).

Mitch.