Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310 wrote:
Mitch,

I think the in-car temperature sensor is located next to front
overhead/map light and sunroof switch?  I know that's the location for
my '87, haven't dug into the manual yet for this car.  On my '87, the
test is to apply a square piece of paper 1 cm on each side and see if
the suction can hold it in place.

For W124 I think you are correct. Sometimes my brain is stuck in the W116/W123 era. No foam air sampling tube if sensor in ceiling.

> Applying 12v makes the monovalve go to the full hot position, right?  I
> also remember reading that the insert can leak, and pulling it out for a
> visual inspection should reveal the problem if present.

Not sure about your car, but generally the idea is to have everything fail to hot defrost for safety's sake. That would mean normally open on the monovalve, closing with power.

Mitch.