I was watching a Mecum Auto Auction (I think it was from 2009) in which a
rust-free 1987 560SL went on the block.  The mileage wasn't specified, but
to all appearances there were no issues either cosmetically or
mechanically.  It was white with a blue leather interior.  The hammer came
down at $7800!!  In contrast, a variety of US muscle cars from the 80s,
including Firebirds and Corvettes, sold for considerably more.  This
confirms my opinion that the design of the W107 lacks aesthetic appeal.  In
contrast, a restored white/red W113 280SL is being offered locally at $45K.
I have a hard time believing that a pristine late W107 will ever be worth
anywhere near this amount.

So here is the diesel content:  By what year will a W123 300TD be worth MORE
than a 1987 or later W107 560SL?  Or will this ever happen?