Don -
Does sound a bit excessive but you may be surprised what they will bring in
the right market. There is a fellow in Wilmington, CA who's business is
buying at auction and parting out 107s. If he gets one that is really clean
or maybe one that is not too badly damaged he will fix it up and then send
them to buyers in Europe or sometimes send just hard to find parts. They are
evidently very sought after over there and hard to find there. My son has a
friend from Germany, who is a pharmacist over there, that comes here to CA
occasionally to visit family. While here he will find good clean rust free
Mercedes cars of all years and chassis types to send back to Germany,
Russia, etc., maybe 2 or 3 per year.

Barry