Gentlemen

The answer to this question is probably 'get new cables'. But here goes anyway.

I want to lubricate the two accelerator cables in my 300TD engine bay. Dry cables (now 400+ K miles old) may be contributing to occasional failures of my accelerator to return to idle. I've replaced associated struts and have lubricated all the mini ball-joints in the linkages.

I'm loathe to use WD40 which is the most likely to run freely between inner and outer. But how do you get light lubricating oil to run down the length of the cable?

Cheers

Euan

Christchurch
NZ