A BB will disable the valve but will not prevent exhaust recirculation if
the valve does not perfectly seat. With the crud in there I saw, it will
most likely not.
A simple sheet metal plate inserted between the valve flange and the
manifold will positively stop that crud.
All one needs is a pair of tin snips, a soup can and the wrenches (4mm Allen
and a 11mm socket).