On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Barry Stark <barryst...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Alex -
> Rusty has good deals alright. Unless you must have the look of the full Euro
> headlights you may want to take a less expensive approach and get the same
> lighting ability. I have an '81 SD and as we were getting older we found it
> was harder to see the road at night. I ended up getting the 200mm X 142mm
> Ciebe lights with the parking lights from Dan Stern.

Thanks for the recommendation, Barry.  I may do the Cibie upgrade for
the 126, although I'm more likely to go for the Euros if I can find a
set cheap with the wipers and everything, because I'm trying to get
that car back to Euro stock (before the gray-market import
conversion).

I wish the Cibie upgrade was possible on the 124s!  Why did M-B have
to use that weird trapezoidal lens shape for the inset DOT lights?
The standard rectangular sealed beams like on the US 126 would have
worked just as well (or poorly).

Alex