I agree wholeheartedly. We don't need front plates, (NC for me; SC for Max) and I have the plain insert for that area; 'think I got it from Rusty several years ago. 'Haven't decided on an alternative to removing the bumper to replace it, yet. 'Fi could just get the old one off simply, I'd just glue the new one on, maybe. Max and I discussed that, too. May have to "bite the dust" and do it right, anyway. 'Fi had not been nearly disabled for several years, it would have been done years ago.

BTW, in about 1958, I was returning to Lincoln, NE, from Omaha one Sat afternoon on my 51 Chevy with single NC plate (black with yellow lettering much like NE plates of the time) on back. NE required 2 plates. 'Met NE highway patrolman; in my mirror, 'saw his brake lights come on immediately and watched as he hurriedly turned around and came whipping up behind me. 'Thought to myself, "He thinks he has caught another one (NE vehicle) with just one plate." He came close up on my rear bumper very fast, then quickly braked, turned around and went on his way.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Chamberlain" <apchamberl...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Enjoyable lunch

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:
Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310 wrote:

Here's a couple of pix from our rendezvous;
Interesting pair of white 124s.

Do Max and Wilton both live in states that don't require a front
license plate, or did they take them off for the photos? If the
former, I believe the plain center section of the W124 front bumper is
still available.  (Rusty?)  Would look nicer than those lonely
mounting tabs hanging down there.

Alex