From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com on behalf of Rolf
Sent: Wed 11/10/2010 11:56 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Swapping a 5spd into my 87 300D

Honestly, it was a bit disappointing. I am used to my gwagen clutch on
the 123 now, big heavy lots of torque. I was also dickering around with
the clutch pedal (sits really high seems that there is no adjustment,
also engages really high, think I am going to shim out the slave
cylinder to compensate) and the shifter REALLY takes some getting used
to. Because the sweet spot was so high I was paying more attention to
clutch slippage than anything else...

To be fair my exhaust manifold has a leak the size of the grand canyon
in it and I was driving in 25mph zones. Also the ALDA has not been
touched yet and it def needs a smidgen of a turn. It was also 2am and
the third day in a row I worked on the car. I was very tired. The car
needs lots of other work as well. The rear end is all over the place.

The good news is that when it was spooled and tached up it seemed that I
had A LOT more power/torque than before. This weekend I am hoping to
spend more time on it and get a better reading overall.

-Rolf