John Reames wrote:
Potenzas are okay as long as you don't corner... Or drive when it's wet. Or
damp. Or snow/ice.

There are a LOT of tires bearing the Potenza name. Usually (but not always) the Pole Position versions are well thought of. This one has very good survey results (averaage score 8.2 on a 1-10 scale on 1443 owners surveyed)

Here's another Potenza, lower load rating, $3 less, not as popular with those who own it.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+G+019+Grid&partnum=965HR5G019&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&tab=Survey

BTW, yesterday was the first day I had to drive on accumulated snow this fall. My General Altimax HP on the Oldsmobile (same size, 195/65HR15) did OK, but not as well as they did two years and 10,000 miles ago. When new, they were surprisingly close to snow tires. They've slipped in the survey since I bought them, they were tied for first with the Michelin Primacy MXV4.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Altimax+HP&partnum=965HR5AMAXHP&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&tab=Survey

Here's a Bridgestone touring tire, seems well liked for a tire with ridiculously high treadwear rating:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Turanza+Serenity&partnum=965HR5TS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&tab=Survey

A couple of Michelin models with good survey and treadwear ratings, including a low rolling resistance tire (only T speed and 89 load rated though). $70 rebate on Michelin right now. (Wow, the MXV4 is $120 before rebate, was $90-100 not too long ago)
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=HydroEdge+with+Green+X&partnum=965TR5HE&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&tab=Survey

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+MXV4&partnum=965HR5MXV4P&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&tab=Survey