From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Mitch Haley
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2010 8:18 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Tire decision time: 195/65 or 205/60?

Max Dillon wrote:
> There is a General Altimax HP tire in 195/65R15 91H for only $66 per tire,
> but no test results to see objective data about how it stacks up...

I have those on an Olds Achieva. Rated at 51psi, I keep them at least 40psi.
Hmm, that gives me an idea. I blew them up to 51 last month, maybe I'll
regain
some snow traction if I drop them back to 40. If you run them on a Mercedes
weight car at 30psi it will probably feel like you're driving on flat tires.
I sorted the tire rack reviews lowest first, and most of what I see people
complaining about could be explained by under inflation.