I loaded the Snow Leopard disc in the drive and a field came up saying "

On Dec 17, 2010, at 12:22 AM, Allan Streib wrote:

Leopard was a bit of a dog. I never upgraded my old G4 PowerBook from Tiger because I had heard from several sources that Leopard didn't perform well at all on the G[45] processors.

Snow Leopard, of course, is Intel-only anyway. So I'm stuck with Tiger on the PowerBook. It's fine for that platform, and Apple is still providing updates for it (though I would guess that will end at some point).

Allan