On Dec 17, 2010, at 2:30 PM, Allan Streib wrote:
Jaguar and Snow Leopard are fairly different in the details. At a very high level the basics are still the same. I would say forget the books, just play with the computer for a while. If you open up something and wonder what it is, look it up and read about it. Macs are generally made to be usable without training or instruction. Of course a lot of your learned intuitions from Windows may not apply.
Allan
that's the way I learned the various versions of Windows beginning with the first one, and even if
I study the books, I'll probably be reverting to that often.

Had the Mac and the PC hooked together on a little solid state switch that moved the monitor, mouse, Keyboard, printers, etc. back and forth between the computers. The Macbook didn't seem to like that arrangement because when I hooked the peripherals straight up to the Mac, it started working better.
Thanks to all,
Gerry