On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Max Dillon <meadedil...@bellsouth.net>wrote:

> Actually, what sealed the deal was pr0n.  That is also why Blu Ray has won,
> and
> also why video over the internet exists and works so well.  I read about
> this in
> a safe-for-work magazine several years ago.
>
> -Max (why do I need to explain myself?)

Plenty of porn was available on Laserdisc. Ebay has all you could ever want.
Same with CED, plenty of porn. In fact, there has never been a format that
hasn't had porn to my knowledge. Sex sells, and if you can sell sex on it
then they have. So that's isn't necessarily the determining factor.

I mean, Hell, the Japanese have porn woodcuts. *Woodcuts* Someone had to
have a lot of time on their hands to carve the relief of a naked body into a
slab of oak! Oh, and the Romans had dirty pics drawn on the walls of their
bath houses too. Also the Egyptians, porn in hieroglyph. Chiseled into the
stone .... right, but that's not what we're here to talk about.

EdB

--
"I've come to your planet on a Class IV Intergalactic Doom Freighter." -
Adrian Monk