"Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com> writes:

> That's good to know that the IT guys are using it.  It's worked
> flawlessly for me for a number of years, and MS Security Essentials is
> mainly a firewall according to the security file on the WinXP control
> panel which wants you to have an antivirus program installed as well.
> No problems so far running the two together.

MS Security Essentials is not a firewall, it's an antivirus program.  If
you've installed it, not sure why XP would think that you still need an
antivirus program; XP does pre-date it, but we have it on XP here at the
house and get no complaints from the system that we don't have antivirus.

Allan
--
1983 300D