Welcome to the club for MS computer problems!  I have had trouble since buying
a laptop with Vista loaded - with continuing problems I bought Win7 and
installed it on laptop and desktop.  Now both are having problems.   The
desktop won't talk to the printer and cannot find the speakers.   I've loaded
drivers, ran various makl/spy/AV programs - everything was clean.   The 2 won't
talk on the LAN anymore either.  XP worked great and I'm on the verge of
putting all back on XP and giving up on the new laptop.   Don't know how long I
could do that though -

Also, XP doesn't have HD drivers for SATA HDs and MS deliberately made it
difficult to install them. (IMO)

Next time I need a computer I'll look at alternatives but for now I'm stuck.
I'm using 3 email systems to try and get all of my mail.   I've probably wasted
40 hours working on these computers during December..... so far.  Maybe I'll
install Unbuntu - wish they had found a better name -

Oh well, all I can do is keep struggling.   I asked MS for help and they said
things like "make sure the power button is on:"  real helpful.

Like you, my desktop would not fully launch Win7 - it got to a spot and then
decided to start over.  I  ran Chkdsk and it found a couple of bad spoton the
HD and supposedly fixed them.  So i have bought a new larger int'l HD and a 1TB
ext HD for backups. (to add to the 500GB Ext HD)   I am also using Carbonite
but find their restores less than what I wanted.    I will probably not renew
my subscription.

Oh well, 2011 is almost here!   On a positive note, Kaleb said he'd look at the
door actuator mechanism/lock-tumbler assy to see how they are held together for
me  - hopefully he will say they are held with a pin I can replace so I can out
the door handle tumbler assy back in -   mine came out with the key recent;y
amnd I cannpot find any images of the mechanism.  It's not the easiest thing to
disassemble either -

Happy New Year!
LarryT
91 300D