Kaleb,

Have you checked the main overload protection relay/fuse on the firewall? I believe it is a 10 amp and can cause weird issues when it fails. May just need a new fuse, maybe the whole relay.

Dave W

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2005 10:53 AM
Subject: [MBZ] screwed up 560SEL charging system

If you all remember from a couple of weeks ago my 560SEL was not
charging, and non of the instrument cluster lights were coming on when
the key was turned on and before the engine started.  Well I put another
alternator on it and it was charging but still no lights.  Anyways,
yesterday I went to start it and the battery was dead.  Put a different
battery on it and notice the red battery light stays on when the key is
turned OFF and goes out when the key is turned on but before the engine
is started.  Car starts fine with the charged battery but the alternator
does not appear to be charging like it should(only 12.2 volts or so).
What the heck is going on with this thing?
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,