As you say, you're the lawyer, but I would imagine the argument could be
made, that any device that distracts you from the task at hand is a no-no.
Texting is not allowed here, and operating a digital cam involves similar
hand movements.

On the flip side, if the law is only against "talking" on the phone
specifically, the picture you just took would probably stand as proof in
court.  It may not be worth the fight in court financially, but sometimes,
you just have to have your say and prove your point.

With the cost of tickets and insurance these days, paying or going to court
are both going to cost you.  But if you didn't do it, I'd prefer to be out
of pocket and proven innocent in court.

Ed
300E...no phones, cams, loud radio, or coffee in my cars while driving!  Not
because of the laws, but because of my rules. ;-)