On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 23:57 -0800, "Jim Cathey" <j...@windwireless.net> wrote:

> I opened the coolant reservoir, and what I thought was a visible level
> was just a stain in the tank, it was empty.  1.5 gallons of water into
> reservoir later and it's full.  Low coolant!  Where did it all go?

There was a period of time when my 300D was losing coolant for no
apparent reason.  No signs of a head gasket leak, no coolant on the
ground... it was just disappearing.  After a while the cause became
evident: a leaking water pump.  However for several months it must have
only been leaking while hot and/or turning, because I never saw any leak
or any coolant on the ground.

Allan
--
1983 300D