My understanding is, the real purpose of the O2 is to keep the air and fuel
metered at the proper stoichiometric ratio that the cats require to
operate.  So I would guess if you don't have cats on your car, you probably
don't have an O2.  With computers, they can help to workout the driving
needs, and adjust the fuel and air as required, but primarily always within
or close to that magic figure 13;1 or14:1, something like that?  It will go
outside these parameters at times when needed, like starting up, or under
really heavy load, where it will go rich as needed.

That's my understanding anyway, but I'm no engineer.

Ed
300E